Give your student an edge for the next school year!
Help your Pre-K through rising 12th grade students increase their reading skills and comprehension.
- Middle School – “MORE” Reading Series and “Sadlier-Oxford” Vocabulary
- High School – As a student reaches higher grade levels and prepares for college, it is necessary to have solid reading skills, comprehension and vocabulary. This tutoring will help prepare a student for the complex questions on college entrance exams and for their English classes. A writing component can be incorporated as well.
Math always builds on itself. Help your student continue to build his/her skills and be ready for the next level.
- Middle School – Preparation & Remediation –Covering Prealgebra and Geometry concepts, as well as numbers and operations
- High School – Preparation & Remediation – We will work with your child throughout the summer to remediate skills from the previous year and introduce the next level course.
- Middle School – Meeting twice per week through the summer.
- High School – Meeting once per week through the summer.
While technology is moving towards more visual and cryptic means of communicating, scientific research proves that writing is still essential to learning and information processing, as well as to effective communication. The Core curriculum incorporates more writing into all subjects, not just math, so competent writing skills are essential. Another benefit is that better writers make better readers.
In addition, one-on-one tutoring will be available throughout the summer in Math, Reading, and Writing. If your student struggled to pass an EOG, some remediation of the concepts will help ease his/her way into the next year. We can help your student get a jump start, get ahead and stay ahead.
SAT/ACT Test Preparation – Courses are offered all summer long to prepare for July/September ACT or August/October SAT. All courses are one-on-one and individualized to meet the needs of the student.
The list above shows our current dedicated core staff, but we are constantly adding qualified tutors who share Mentaur’s vision to help students achieve success.
All classes are taught by certified teachers or curriculum specialists. Call Mentaur Learning Center at 704-489-4888 for current pricing and availability.